Monday, March 7, 2016

Big Plans in the Place of Pumpkins

Elder Bennett and I got to Morton on Tuesday night, and it is awesome to be here! Fun fact about Morton for you: it is the pumpkin capital of the world--supposedly 80% of all of the world's pumpkins pass through Morton at some point. As a result, most of the restaurants here (including fast-food restaurants) feature pumpkin-flavored desserts (shakes, pies, cookies, breads, etc.). 

Anyways, the Morton Ward is awesome! The bishop and ward mission leader are both really enthusiastic about the work, and that fire has spread to a lot of the members, who are inviting friends to activities, to meet with the missionaries, etc. Although we weren't able to teach any investigators this week, we spend a lot of time getting to know some of the members, and we set up a couple of lessons for this next week. We're hoping to start teaching Shannon this week, and she's probably the most solid of anyone in our teaching pool. I'm really excited for this transfer though, because I think by combining our efforts and the members' efforts, we're going to see a lot of miracles happen!

We had MLC at the mission home this week, and there was a lot of good training on working with the bishops and ward members. Elder Bennett and I have zone training on Friday, so we'll get to train our missionaries on working with members as well, so I'm excited about that.

Besides that, I don't have a lot to report on this week. We'll be searching out some service opportunities during the week, so hopefully it doesn't take as much time and effort to find service as it has in the last two areas, because it's been a joke. But however long it takes, I'm feeling really good about being here in Morton, Elder Bennett and I are going to get a lot of good things done!

Love you Mom, I hope that you and the boys get feeling better soon. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you guys! You're always in my prayers!

Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson
#DontGetTrunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment