Monday, February 29, 2016

Thinning the Herd...And Heading to Morton!

 The big news for the week is transfer news: Elder Bennett and I are staying together (WOOO!!), but we are being moved to Morton, IL. It's super exciting, because they just got a new bishop who is really fired up to do missionary work, and Elder Bennett has served in Morton before, so he already knows a bunch of the people in the ward, so that will be a good start. Unfortunately, since we won't be at ISU anymore, it will put a damper on the hashtag efforts, but we'll see what we can do in Morton! I'm sad to be leaving Normal, but and excited to start a new adventure in a new area!

For service this week, we got to relive both my dream and nightmare as a little kid: We went to Home Sweet Home Ministries and were in charge of sorting through stuffed animals (like ten 100 pound boxes of them). We had to look at them and determine whether they were in good enough condition to sell, or if they were a collector's item, otherwise we threw them away. The dream was that there were hundreds and hundreds of stuffed animals (for those of you who don't know, I have a personal herd of stuffed animals at home), the bad news is that we had to throw 80% of them away...I did snag the best prize of the day though, I call my new homie Banona-Mon. A cool side note of working at HSHM is that a couple weeks ago, they gave all of the missionaries a gift basket with a $5 gift card to their thrift store because of the service that we've offered. We went there today, and I walked out with a pair of dress shoes and a purple Jordan shirt for free because of the gift card!

We got the opportunity to teach a couple of member families that we haven't been able to meet with before, so that was really good! We also met with a couple of different less-active members during the week. No exciting news for investigators for this week, but hopefully we'll have some good ones to report on next week in Morton!

So I've yet to keep y'all informed on my Fit For the Kingdom for the transfer--I ended the transfer with over 400 points, which is the best that I've done before! I'm really excited for the upcoming transfer, because our apartment clubhouse has a gym that we can work out at in the mornings, so exercise is going to be great!

That's pretty much all that I've got for the week, thanks for all the love and support! Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you guys!

Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson
#MovingToMorton






No comments:

Post a Comment