Monday, May 2, 2016

Lessons with Z, Exchanges 3, and Counting Calories for Elder D

Here's a photo of me and Z from this week! The kid's a stud!
Hey!

It was another good week filled with lots of exchanges, some good lessons, and even a new diet for yours truly (the #FatGirlProbs were real this week...I ate like garbage)!

To start things off, we had three lessons with Toby & Z this week, and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation. They both catch on incredibly fast, and it blows our minds at how much Z knows--he's a prime example why the scriptures say to become as a little child. Here's an example for you: we're teaching the Plan of Salvation, and introducing it by talking about Eternal Life (AKA: eternal happiness), and we ask Z the question, "Can you imagine what it would be like to be happy all the time?" He responded, "I don't know if I'd like it, because then I wouldn't know what it was like to be sad, and I wouldn't learn anything." HOLY COW KID, YOU'RE FREAKIN' 9 YEARS OLD! AND WE HADN'T EVEN TAUGHT ABOUT THE FALL YET! You could say that Elder Cluff and I were pretty pumped about that! We haven't had the chance to put them on date for baptism yet (it's a complicated situation, because they live outside of mission boundaries, so we're trying to figure out the logistics of everything). Long story short though, they plan to move out here into the ward within the next couple of months, which means we can continue to teach them and maybe even put them on date next week, because they're totally ready--they've been reading the scriptures and coming to church!

We went on three different exchanges this week: Exchange #1 was with the Bloomingdale Spanish Elders (in our English-speaking area, thank goodness), and I got to work with Elder David Reyes, which was pretty sweet, because we went to high school together, so it was fun to talk about our different mission experiences with him. Exchange #2 was in Dekalb with Elder Boettcher, where after tracting in the pouring rain for 45 minutes I started off the #FatGirlProbs for the week with a pretzel crust, pepperoni pizza with buffalo drizzle from Pizza Hut, and I ate like 6 pieces... #WorthIt I was grateful for the chance to work with Elder Boettcher, because we had a really cool miracle the next morning which I think is exactly what their area needed. Exchange #3 was here in Woodridge, and I got to work with my former companion, Elder Campbell, who is now serving as a Zone Leader. #ExTechLife Man, Elder Campbell is soooo freakin' funny, there have been very few days that I've laughed as hard on my mission than Friday with Elder Campbell. When you're together with a companion for 6 months, you have some good stories!

Anyways, the member involved in the miracle that we saw on the Dekalb exchange gave us cookie dough, and the mission office put out a huge container of jellybeans, and the whole Pizza Hut experience made me decide that I need to eat healthier than that, because even though I'm eating good things, I'm eating junk food on top of that, and that's a no-go. So Elder Cluff and I figured out how many calories we burn per day on average, and have started a diet counting calories. #CallMeJennyCraig

We've got New Missionaries Training and MLC this week, so that should be a couple of good meetings! On top of that, we hope to have a couple of lessons with Toby & Z, as well as other investigators. Thanks for all of your love and support, the work is going really well! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you at home!


Talk to you Sunday, Mom!

Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson
#FatGirlProbs

No comments:

Post a Comment