Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Let's Hear It For Hump Day!


Hey Mom!

Thanks a ton for the halftime package, I really appreciated it! The SportsCenter pennant is super cool, and the Giordano's gift card was sweet too! The CD is awesome!

Big news: ELDER CAMPBELL AND I FINALLY FOUND A PLACE TO DO SERVICE!! There is an organization called "Feed My Starving Children," which works to send food to kids in third-world countries. We were able to spend a couple of hours on Tuesday making food packets to be able to ship to Africa. The group we were in made enough packets to send over 100 boxes. It was a lot of fun, and we worked with some kids that were from a high school in Kankakee, so it was cool to work alongside them. A cool tradition that "Feed My Starving Children" does is that at the end of the packing session, everyone gathers as a group, and you say a prayer over the boxes to bless the food that it will get to the kids safely, and that it will strengthen the bodies of the kids that receive it. I thought that was pretty cool!

The Lord gave us another cool miracle tracting this week--Sunday night we met a man named Percy, who let us right into his home before we even introduced who we were. Percy and his family are from Ghana, and he's awesome! We taught him the Restoration, and have a handoff lesson with the family ward missionaries this upcoming Sunday. We were also able to see Clemonte this week, and he told us about tryouts that he's going to be doing this fall for other semi-pro teams in Ontario and Indiana.

Conference this week was awesome! My a few of my favorite talks were given by Sister Marriott and Elder Keetch, as well as the talks given by President Eyring and President Uchtdorf in the Priesthood Session. I thought the Sunday Afternoon Session was the best overall. But my very favorite talk was given by Elder Hales. I loved how he talked about how the decisions we make now effect our eternity. Maybe it's because I'm still young and have a bunch of big decisions coming up (education, career, marriage, etc.), but his talk really hit home with me. A lot of the messages in Conference seemed to tell the Saints that we need to step up our game, because the world is going to keep getting worse, and we need to be ready for bad times ahead. Elder Hales talk helped my get a vision of who I want to be and where I want to be in just a few years from now.

Well Mom, I love you, and hope that you had a good week! Can't wait to talk to you again next week!

Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson
#StayUp



Elder Dallas and Clemonte


No comments:

Post a Comment