Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Exchanges on Exchanges

Hey Mom!

Crazy week this week, we were busy every hour of every day, not even time to breathe!

For starters, we had four exchanges this week. First, I worked with Elder Frehner in Arlington Heights, and we had a great day scooping poop at a local animal shelter. The next day, I spend a day in Naperville 6 working with Elder Hendrickson. The two of us came out together, so it was fun to see how much he's changed since October 2014. The very next day, I worked with Elder Cook here in Woodridge, and we had a good day stopping by less-active members. And our last exchange, I went with Elder Kirkham in the Naperville 1st Ward! Man, it was good to be back there, and I got to see a few of the members the I liked a lot from that area! Brother Hacking took us out to get gelato, and Sister Lyons took us out to a BBQ restaurant for dinner--the members totally spoiled us!

We've had a lot of good success working with the members here in the ward this last week--our dinner calendar was 100% full last week, and is 100% full this week as well! If nothing else, being Italian makes it so that EVERYONE wants to have you over. LOL, no one really cares about the kid from Utah. Haha, just kidding, the members here are great!

There were a lot of members that called on us to give blessings in the hospital this week, which isn't the best news. Fortunately, all of them seem to be doing better and will be getting out of the hospital soon. The good news about our trips to the hospital is that for the first time in my life, I had a parking space reserved for me. Yes, you heard that right: we got to park in the "Reserved for Clergy" spot! Once in a lifetime opportunity, definitely took advantage of that. Definitely worth putting in the email.


We have been blessed with a mild winter and a pretty mild summer this year; until this week, that is. There has been a heat wave going through Chi-Town with heat index temperatures reaching as high as 115 degrees. On one of those days, we helped Brother Hacking pull weeds from his garden, and I don't know if I have sweated more in my whole life to be honest, it was brutal. But now we're good--back into the 80s, nothing crazy.

It's weird that lots of my companions are home from their missions now! I have to give a S/O to Danny Campbell for sending me perhaps the funniest email attachment I've ever received on my mission. You'll have to reach out to Danny, Statler Cluff, & Josh Bennett to have them over for dinner if they're ever in the area! Also, the Boswells are out in Utah, so definitely see if you can meet up with them too!

In all honesty, these last two weeks have been the most stressful of my mission with the transfers and how many exchanges, there's been so much stuff on my mind. Elder Giolitto and I had a really good chat last night talking about personal and companionship goals. We had perhaps one of the greatest companionship connections that I've had on my mission: FIFA. YES, ELDER GIOLITTO IS A BIG FIFA PLAYER!! Not that that has a lot of use here on the mission (my mind is on lock), but we made an awesome connection, and he's definitely going to visit when he comes back to the states, because he wants to lose to me I guess, haha! I'm coming two years out of retirement to reclaim my FIFA throne! #FIFAIsLife #LosingsNotAnOption

So those were some of the highlights! Lots of people seen this week, we had a good lesson with Patience and she came to church as well. Z comes back in town this week, so I'm stoked to see him! The Howell kids were sealed to their parents this last weekend in the temple! Life is stressful, but it's going well. It's always good when you have a parking spot reserved for you, and ESPECIALLY when you meet a new FIFA buddy. I love you all, and hope you have a great week! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, or if anyone needs a special prayer (anyone that plays FIFA can start praying, because you'll be destroyed sooner than you know). Have an awesome week!

Love you all!
Elder Dallas Anderson
#ExchangesOnExchanges

No comments:

Post a Comment