Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Deep freeze and Deep dish pizza

Hey family! 

Yes, I got to go to dinner at a member's house my first day out in St. Charles. I'm glad that you've talked to Sister Smith already, their family is really great! This ward is fantastic, everyone is pretty supportive, and we have a full dinner calendar this week, so we're being fed well too!

So my companion's name is Elder Morgan, and he's from Vancouver, Washington. He was originally called to Madagascar, but he had to come home because he got sick, and then he was reassigned out here. He's pretty cool, we've got a lot of different likes and interests, but we get along well!

St. Charles is awesome, it's a completely different world than Kankakee! I miss the people that were in the Kankakee area for sure, but I'll be honest, I feel a lot safer here in St. Charles. There are some houses here that are just insane, easily some of the biggest houses that I've ever seen. The crazy part is that we just go up and knock on each door, no matter how big the house is!


The weather here has been crazy cold though. We weren't allowed to do any tracting, or to stay outside on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday because it never got above 10 degrees, and with the wind chill, it was between -20 and -40 all the time. There was one night where we were stopping by a former investigator, and if you were to stay outside for more than 15 minutes, I swear that you would have gotten hypothermia or frostbite. 

Also, after our district meeting this week, we went out to district lunch to a restaurant named Giardono's, and they have amazing deep dish pizza. We got If we come out to Chi-Town as a family sometime, we definitely have to go there, because it is fantastic.

I don't have any photos for this week, but I'll be sure to send a photo of something next week. I've got a few really good tweets coming, so you can get ready for those too.

Anyways, I love you guys, and I hope that everyone is doing well at home. I'm always praying for you all. I hope to hear from you soon!
Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson

#TheChicagoConverter

No comments:

Post a Comment