Monday, January 5, 2015

See ya' in St. Charles (#BaptizeTheBulls)

This week in Kankakee, every single one of our set appointments with investigators fell through, so that was tough. We weren't able to teach any lessons to any of our investigators, and we dropped a couple of them because we can't get a hold of them, but we did manage to set up a few lessons for this upcoming week.

The biggest news I have is that I'm being transferred tomorrow! I'm headed up to St. Charles, which is part of the West Chicago area, so I'm stoked for that! I wish I could stay with the ward here, because it's so great, and our investigators are awesome, but I guess that's where the Lord needs me to be, so I'm excited to go meet some new people up there! From what I've heard, and I don't know if this is true or not, St. Charles is where D-Rose (the Bulls player) lives, so I've taken it upon myself to convert him!

The highlight of my week happened last night: We went over to a member's house for dinner, and he had the Cowboys game on TV. We turned it off so that it wouldn't be a distraction (because obviously they're my team), but he told us that he was a little unhappy because the Cowboys were losing. He asked if we were big football fans and what our favorite teams were, so we told him, and then we continued with dinner. After dinner, we were out visiting some less-active members, and we got a call from this member. I thought he was calling to tell us that we left something at his house, or to give me one last goodbye since I'm being transferred, but he was only calling to tell me that the Cowboys won, LOLOL!

Anyways, besides that, nothing too special happened this week. We got our first snow that has stuck (an inch or so, which is pretty weak) on Sunday morning, and it's starting to get really cold. We have an information line on our phone that gives us the weather report, and it says that the HIGH for this Wednesday is -2, so if you don't ever hear from me again, you'll know that I'm a popsicle.

Thanks, I love you! Hope to hear from you soon!
Elder Dallas Anderson
#TheChicagoConverter
One of the typical streets we're tracting.
S
everal houses have been foreclosed,
and the 
windows and doors are
all boarded up. Unfortunately, that's a
pretty
common sight down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment