Monday, January 26, 2015

Souls. Homes. I Save Them All.

 The big story of the week is that I saved a house! 

Let me explain: so we're going around tracting, because that's what we do, and we come to this one specific house, but nobody answers. I thought I heard some water splashing inside the house, so I looked in the front window, and there were two broken water pipes spewing water everywhere. 

Now here's the funny part: this isn't the first time I've seen this on my mission--I think I forgot to write home about it the first time, but when I was in Kankakee, we came across a house where water was gushing out from under the front door (to the point where there were puddles on the lawn)--so I knew what to do! 

I called the city of St. Charles, and they connected my to the 911 dispatch, and I told them the problem (It's really funny, because they always ask who you are and how you know about the problem, so you have to say something along the lines of, "I'm a missionary for our church, so we go around knocking on everybody's doors, and we saw a problem."). 

Anyways, the city sent over a fire truck and like 3 police cars to the house, where they broke into the side door of the house with a crowbar and went inside to shut off the water. It was pretty cool, and it makes you feel like a police detective investigating the scene. I just can't believe that it's happened to me twice in three transfers!! WHAT ARE THE ODDS!?

Beyond that excitement, this week has been a tough week as far as numbers go (and I do know it's not about the numbers). As of right now, we only have one investigator and three potential investigators. I've never met Barbara in person, we taught her on Facebook once, but it seems like she has been avoiding us lately. We might have to drop her this next week. We spent a lot of time tracting this week, but we weren't able to teach any lessons or find any new potential investigators. It can be frustrating sometimes when you aren't finding anyone to teach, and where you're spending 8 or so hours a day tracting and finding. Hopefully we'll have more success this next week.

To answer your questions: I always eat a bowl of cereal, a banana, and a cup of yogurt for breakfast. For lunch, it's usually leftovers from dinner from a member's house, soup or a sandwich, so nothing much has changed there, (sorry Mom...). In regards to service projects, our mission doesn't have an assigned service activity, and right now, our area doesn't have any regular service that we do, but we are looking into that.

Here are a few pictures: my desk at the apartment (notice how clean it is), our bathroom (it's ridiculously tiny), and the bedroom (yes, I realize that it's not that great of a picture, but there isn't a place in the room where you can see everything; but also, notice how clean my half of the room is). More pics to come next week! 

Thanks, I love you!
Elder Dallas Anderson
#TheChicagoConverter










No comments:

Post a Comment