Monday, June 1, 2015

Elder D's Challenge: Hawks Contest

So I'll just jump right into the email this week, although it might be a little disappointing, because not a ton happened.

We had a lesson with George on Wednesday, and we taught him the law of chastity. Fortunately, he committed to keeping it, we were a little nervous (LOL, he's like 90 years old). But he had some trouble with keeping the word of wisdom, so we'll have to help him with that some more. That was the only lesson that we had this week in our area. On Friday, I went on exchanges with one of my zone leaders, Elder Pike, and we taught one of their investigators the Restoration and committed them to come to church. 

In our area, we weren't able to find any new investigators, nobody was really interested. Besides that, the people that we found last week weren't answering their phone calls and weren't home when we stopped by, so hopefully we'll have some better luck this next week. 

We've got a couple of service opportunities set up for this next week, including helping a member organize their garage and helping an investigator spread some mulch throughout their garden. We also get to water the plants again one more time this week, so we're excited to do that!

For preparation day today, we balled it up with five of the homies from the high school basketball squad today that were at the park. In the picture I'll attach of Elder Limary and me, you can see some of them in the background shooting some hoops. They were pretty good, but they talked a lot of jive. We actually beat them in a game to 15, with ya boi dropping a couple shots from deep. They were chill afterwords though, and we finna play again next week, at least that's what we hope. They best be bringing their A game.

Last off, I want to issue a challenge to all of my Twitter followers and general fans: since the Hawks are in the Stanley Cup Finals, I want you to send me tweets or emails telling me how you plan to cheer on the Chicago boys. I'll pick the best one or two and give you a S/O on Twitter. Just caption your message: "Hawks Contest." My email is danderson@myldsmail.net.

Well, I love you all back in the 801, and I pray for you guys all the time! Thanks for your love and your support, I'm always happy to answer your questions, and I'm grateful for all of the emails that I get. I hope to hear from you all soon!

Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson
#GoHawks


EDITOR'S NOTE: Elder D's photo of the "homies" didn't come through. We will update this post when he's able to send it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment