Monday, January 11, 2016

White Snow, White Boyz, and Big Couches

Hey Mom!

We haven't had the chance to see any of the potential investigators that we found last week unfortunately. The cool thing is that ISU started up again today, so we should be talking to a TON of college kids now, which gets me stoked! Speaking of college kids, Bri got home from break yesterday, and came straight from the airport to church! She didn't even go home to change, because her flight was delayed for 2 hours, so she just came in her soccer sweats and sweatshirt! #NoShame

We got our second snow of the year this week, and a member offered us a snow-blower to use to help other people, but we had to turn it down, because Dad wouldn't get us a snow-blower, so I didn't know how to use one...Just kidding, we actually didn't get offered a snow-blower to use, Dad should just get one for the future. We did get the chance to go around and shovel like 7 driveways though, which was a lot of fun! Also, so going back to the point where it is easier to get a job than it is to get service, after hours of searching, Elder Bennett and I FINALLY dug up some good service places, and so hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll be able to start doing some weekly service projects! This week we painted the interior of a house for service, so that was pretty cool.

Also speaking of service, the Bloomington 1st Elders asked us to help move a member of their ward from their house to a 2nd-story apartment. Everything in the move went well, but they had a HUGE couch that was so big you couldn't angle it in the hallway upstairs to get it into the door of their apartment. So after a lot of thought and different strategies, we decided to take the couch back downstairs and outside, where three Elders lifted it up one story, and two Elders and myself, pulled it up and over the railing from them, then stuffed it through the sliding door of the apartment. It was a crazy experience, and it took us about 30 minutes to get that dumb couch inside, but we got it done just before it started raining.

It was zone training this week, and Elder Bennett and I gave an hour training on controlling your mind as a missionary and having effective lessons with active members of the Church. I'll send you a copy of the training presentation if you want to look it over.

One last rant for the week: I'm calling out my man Brockbank for his final decision on the #HeismanPose2k15 contest. That's Busch league. I deserve at least a "Everybody-That-Enters-Gets-A-Participation-Prize" trophy or something like that... 

I haven't had time to think about taking very many pictures with all that's been going on next week, but I'll get some to you next week. I told you on Christmas that we didn't have any ghetto in our area, but I spoke too soon: we found the hood this week, and I snagged a good pic! Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!

Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson
#BoycottBrockbank2k16

No comments:

Post a Comment