Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chicago, Here He Comes!

Landon, thrilled to get his first letter direct from Elder Anderson.

October 9, 2014

Thank you for all the letters and packages everyone has sent. Getting mail is one of the highlights of my day. As the district leader, it's my responsibility to check the mail daily, and seeing ones addressed to me always makes me smile!


I hope you enjoyed General Conference last weekend. Yes, it would have been cool to have been a part of the MTC Choir, too bad I missed it by one week!


Mom, you'll be happy to know that I eat fruits and vegetables down here every day. I make sure to get some carrots, a banana, and a cup of mixed fruit for almost every meal. The food down here is soooo good though, it's a buffet every day, and they've always got good stuff for each meal.


I hate waking up so early every morning, but I'm getting in the habit of it, so it's getting easier. You'll also be happy to know that I've gone to all my classes, and that I've been doing some good studying. I'm learning a lot down here, a lot more than I did at mission prep. One of the biggest things that helps me when I teach is the motto: "We teach people, not lessons."


My teaching skills are really coming along well. I think it's a lot easier for me than it is for other elders in my district to teach, because I usually connect with the investigators we're teaching quickly and build rapport with them. I think that is what will help me most in the mission field, because it's much easier to tach people that trust you. My companion and I are still getting along really well, and we're learning more and more how to teach by the Spirit.


It's so crazy that it's already been one whole week since I got here. In some ways, it's felt like time has gone by so fast, but in other ways it seems like it has been forever. So there are five elders and two sister in our travel group for Chicago on Monday. Besides being a district leader, I'm also the travel leader, so I assign companionships for the flight. Our flight leaves at 8:52, but we have to meet in a building here at the MTC at 3:30am. Brutal. That seems like a long time just to be briefed on the flight plans, but oh well. 


I hope all is going well for you, and that work, school, and Homecoming are great!

Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment