Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Later Letter

Preface: While we were assured by many that Elder Dallas would be writing a letter to us on his first day at the MTC, our mailbox remained empty on Thursday, Friday, Saturday…and by Monday there was much gnashing of teeth.

BUT… today, nearly a week after he sent it, a letter arrived! It turns out that despite our best intentions to prepare Elder Dallas for a mission (how to do laundry, cook, mend, study, etc.), we neglected to instruct him how to put a stamp on a letter. Apparently the post office scanner could not properly read the letter and it was hung up for a while in outer postal darkness.



October 1, 2014

I made it safely through my first day at the MTC! I miss you all like crazy, but know that I love you all.

So Wednesdays are the best days at the MTC not only because it will be my P-Day for the only full week I'll be here, but because they serve unlimited ice cream at lunch and dinner!

Today was a pretty easy day, because they're trying to ease us into the flow of things, but there is so much going on all the time.

My companion's name is Elder Jeffery Jones, and he's from southern Utah (from a town about 30 miles west of Cedar City). He's a really nice kid and he enjoys riding horses (he lives on a ranch) and working on cars.

I am in a district of 8 people: 4 elders and 4 sisters. Everyone in our district except Elder Jones and I will be serving in South Carolina.

I saw Brooklyn, Kemmer, and two kids I played golf in high school with, and met a lot of friendly new people. 

I love you all, and I can't wait to write you again next week!
Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment