Thursday, October 16, 2014

Let's Begin in Bourbonnais

October 16, 2014


Hi Guys!

So I'm emailing you to tell you that I made it safely to Chicago (I got special permission from President Fenn saying I could email you on a day other than P-Day)! Unfortunately I can't call you, but it's always good hearing from you via email. I got your package today, and I just wanted to thank you so much for the blanket and for the sweats!

I'm in a city named Boubonnais, it's about an hour and a half south of Chicago. Unfortunately, we have to start our missionary work pretty much from scratch, because we weren't left with any investigators. From what we've heard, there's a lot of work to be done here!

My companion's name is Elder Engler, and he's from Logan. He just finished serving as an Assistant to the President, and he's been out here for 23 months, so he'll be a great trainer.

It's really weird being here in Illinois without all of you, but I'm making the adjustment. It's been raining pretty much ever since we've gotten here, which is a downer, but oh well. Last night, Elder Engler and I met with the bishop and ward mission leaders; they both seem like fantastic people! I'm excited to be a part of their ward.

My P-Days are on Mondays, so I'll get to email and write you then. I'll send the memory card from the camera to you on Monday in a letter, so you should get it later this week! I love you all, and I can't wait to here more from you soon!

Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson

DOES DALLAS KNOW? Bourbonnais (with the Frenchy pronunciation of bur-bun-NAY) has a population of 19,000 and is home to the NFL Chicago Bears summer training camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment