Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Week One is a Wow

October 8, 2014


Hey Family!


I'm glad you got my letter, the mail down here does take a while, because they have so many letters and packages to sort through. I was excited to get your DearElder letters, your email, and especially the packages. LOL about my letter, because I know the stamp goes in the top right corner, so I don't know exactly what happened when I put it on. Look for more letters in the mail soon, I'm going to try and send another one tomorrow.

So a little bit more info about my companion: his name is Elder Jeff Jones, and he is from Enterprise, Utah. He's an awesome guy, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to meet him. He lives on a ranch, and loves riding horses. He's had a troubled past: at age 14, his parents got divorced, and he started drinking, smoking, and he even got a tattoo. He moved out the day he graduated, and moved 10 times in several months before moving to the ranch. But he recognized that he wasn't happy, and he's really turned his life around, and it's so awesome to hear his stories. We're from completely different backgrounds, but I think that really helps us teach well together, because we can connect to pretty much everybody! 

So for my days at the MTC, we wake up at 6:30, then I shower and get ready, and go down to breakfast at 7:15. After breakfast, there's a daily planning session, and then personal study is from 8:15-9:15. After personal study, companionship study takes place from 9:15-10:15. Then there is additional study time (which is the time other missionaries use to learn their language better) from 10:15-11:35, and you can either have more companion study or personal study. Lunch is at 11:35, and after lunch we have classroom lessons from 12:20-3:20. After class, we have gym time, which is the best part!! After gym, dinner is at 4:50, and then is followed by personal study at 5:35-7:00. Then we have another class from 7:00-9:30, and then we go back to our residence hall for personal time. Lights out at 10:30.

So a really cool thing has happened to me already at the MTC. Last Thursday (keep in mind, this is Day 2 for me), I was made the district leader. We have 4 sisters and 4 elders in our district. But last night, we had a devotional from Brent Nielson of the Quorum of the Seventy, and I had to lead a discussion about the devotional after it was over, and the branch presidency was there. I led the discussion, and it went really well. So well, that the branch presidency said they didn't need to keep coming back, because I could handle it all by myself. What was even cooler, was that a member of the branch presidency said that he's been at the MTC for 2 years, and that I'm the best district leader he's ever seen. It totally made my day!

I have some good pictures to send, so I'll have to write you again soon. I've run into a lot of people I know down here, so I've gotten a few pictures with them, and I also have some pics with people in my district and zone.
I hope all is going well at home! 

Love you all, talk to you again soon!
Elder Dallas Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment