Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cold city. Fired-up fireside.

Hi everybody:

Snow, huh? It's been freezing here too, it hasn't climbed above 30 this whole week, and the humidity and wind chill don't help either. It's currently 21, but it's super windy, and I would guess it probably feels closer to 10-11 degrees...

I just opened the boots and socks for my birthday, and everything is great, so thanks so much for that! Unfortunately, I haven't received another package, but I go up to the mission office next week because Elder Engler is going home, so I'll probably have a chance to pick it up then. Thank you so much Grandma and Grandpa C for your birthday package, that was very kind of you. I'm excited to make a good cake soon, and I'll be sure to think of you when I do! Thanks for the Christmas countdown calendar too, I know I'll put that to good use!

This week had some ups and downs. Elder Engler and I found a new family to teach after we were prompted to knock on a specific house, and they let us right in and told us we could come back to teach them more, so that was great! We also were able to teach an investigator named John again, and he's progressed a long way since the first time we met him. 

Also, President Fenn came to the Bourbonnais ward to give a fireside talk, and it was awesome. He speaks with so much power, it's like he's a sports coach firing his team up before a big game, only he's talking about the gospel. It's great. Unfortunately, Jermaine fell off date, because we weren't able to see him this week. We weren't able to teach Raoul either, because he's been out of town and he works a lot. If you could just keep them in your prayers, that would be great, because we don't want to lose them.

Anyways, I love all of you, and I can't wait to hear from everyone again!
Elder Dallas Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment