Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tooth Talk and Cool New Convert

Hi everybody!

A few things first before my week: First, I had no idea that JB (Elder Engler) got engaged, that's awesome! I must tell you though that Elder Engler is one of the slowest ones to get engaged after they get home from this mission. There are a few missionaries that I know that have gotten home recently and been engaged within the first 3 weeks of them being home, so I don't really know what to tell you there, haha. 

So I got permission from President Fenn to go to the baptism in Bourbonnais on Saturday, but I didn't end up going, because I felt like we should try to find some more people to teach here in our area. We aren't teaching anyone solid, or really anyone at all right now, it's been a couple of weeks since we've had a lesson with an investigator. We might end up dropping more of the people we have. The thing that has been going well for us is that we've been teaching a recent convert named Shante who was baptized just over a month ago. She comes from a really tough background: grew up homeless in the south side of Chicago, pretty much all of her family except for her is really into drugs and have messed their lives up pretty bad. Shante was into that lifestyle for a little bit, but missionaries tracted into her and she wanted to turn her life around. She's awesome though, she has such a strong testimony, and is really sincere in wanting to do everything she can. She has an 8 year old daughter named Dekira that was baptized a week after she was, and a 1 year old named Dejayla who's a real cutie.

About my interview with President Fenn, one of the questions I asked him is why I was chosen to be trained by Elder Engler, who was obviously one of the best missionaries of the entire mission. President told me that he saw a lot of potential in me, and he wanted me to have the best trainer so that I could learn as much as possible in my first six weeks.

I'm excited to hear all about Landon's tournament in Dallas, that should be a good time! I wish I could go with all of you, but that's alright, you'll have a lot of fun! When you see them, will you please tell Marc's family thank you for the cards that they sent me? I don't have their email, but it was great getting letters from different members in their family. Their girls are so cute!

Big news about my tooth: so I went to the dentist's office yesterday, and learned a few different things. The part of my tooth that looks like it has a hole isn't a cavity, WOOOO! I learned that it's actually my gums that are a little receded and a part of the root of my tooth is exposed, which explains why it is a little sensitive, but that's good news! I'm really thankful for the members of the Church out here though, they're truly amazing. He looked over my teeth for me and didn't charge me anything. I don't think I told you this, but there was a member in Kankakee that was a dentist that cleaned our teeth for free too. When I get back from my mission, I want to be the guy that helps the missionaries out like that, that would be sweet!

I can't say anything crazy happened this week in Naperville, although it did snow another 5-6 inches yesterday! We weren't able to teach any lessons to investigators, and we didn't find anyone who was really interested when we were out tracting and contacting people on the streets. But we're working really hard and contacting a lot of people right now, so hopefully we'll find someone who's ready to hear our message soon! We went to the temple for P-Day today, which was a great experience! After that, there is a huge Harley-Davidson store in town, so we went inside and looked at a bunch of different motorcycles that they had. I can't tell my mom that I want to get a bullet-bike at some point when I get home or she'd kill me, but I'm just saying that it got me thinking a little bit, haha!

So that's about it for my week. Here's a picture of Elder Sonzini and me on St. Patrick's Day, hence the green ties. Thanks for that package again, the ties are sweet!


Thanks for writing, I love you! Talk to you again Monday!
Elder Dallas Anderson
#TheChicagoConverter
#Lou-E-ville
#CardsOverCubs

No comments:

Post a Comment