Monday, February 22, 2016

Gosh, Janet!

What's up to all you fans out there!?

We're hot off the charts with the drop last week, hope y'all enjoyed that! Just to let everyone know, I probably will use the word "finna" in my homecoming talk (probably both intentionally and unintentionally), because you can take me outta the hood, but you can't take the hood outta me, you know what I'm sayin'?

Good stories from this week: First, I got approval for my idea of proselyting through hashtags, so if you start seeing a trend on social media involving the missionaries, you know who got that going! We hope to start implementing it here on campus within the next week, getting the members to kick it off first. It will be interesting to see if we can get things rolling, but I'm excited!

We went on exchanges twice this week, and had good experiences with both of them! I got to work with Elder Ashcraft in the Spanish program (no "como se dice stories this time) and Elder Neve. We were able to find a bunch of potential investigators on exchanges, and on the one with Elder Neve, I don't think I've met as many crazy people in one day in my entire life...We met the most drunk person I've ever seen in my life, he was soooo out of it; we met a man that told us that he was in the Army, got blown up and thrown into a tree 45 feet away, and his scalp was barely on his head, but he got fixed up and played in the NFL the next six seasons. He also told us that he was 3rd in the world for weight-lifting, his best efforts were a 617 pound bench press, a 1500 pound squat, and a 3000 pound deadlift...Freakin' yeah right sir. We had a member look it up for us, and the world record deadlift is just over 1000 pounds. Haha, he was out of his mind too. 

We also got the biggest door slam of my mission thus far, to be honest I'm surprised that the door is still on its hinges. And we also went to one of our investigator's homes and he and his girlfriend were cussing each other out and talking about cheating with their ex's, keep in mind that all of this was one day during the same exchange. If that wasn't good enough, we went to a building that had four apartments in it, and 3 of them were blasting music; it was as if they were trying to out-do each other, it was hilarious! And if you don't know, it's tough to preach the gospel in a hallway when 2 Chainz is blaring in the apartment next door.

The title of the email comes from our dinner on Tuesday this week. We always have dinner right before MCM with the Albrechtsens (Brother Albrechtsen is the ward mission leader). We're having dinner, and there's a member from another ward eating dinner with us, and he was asked if he had any plans that night after dinner. He responded, "I have to go home teach Janet," but it sounded like, "I have to go home teach, da***t." HAHAHA, everyone at the table thought he said the latter, it was so funny! After that, we started making jokes about it, such as "Gosh Janet!"

Love you all! Thanks for all that you do, and for the emails and packages! Love you tons!

Love,
Elder Dallas Anderson

#HashtagsOnHashtags

No comments:

Post a Comment